Android Smartphone Tips: Android smartphones, although cheaper than iPhones, often lag behind in terms of security. Android is an open-source platform where hackers can easily exploit vulnerabilities.
Android smartphone users need to pay special attention to their mobile settings as a wrong setting can give hackers an opportunity.
Through this post, we will inform you about 5 such settings in Android smartphones that you should always keep turned off.
Don’t keep these settings turned on
1 Location History: Do not keep the Location History option turned on because it allows Google to track where you are going and what you are doing. Based on this, it shows you advertisements, hotels, clubs, and shopping mall information. To turn off Location History, go to the settings of your Android smartphone, then go to Google Account and navigate to the “Manage Account” option. In the “Data and Privacy” section, if Location History is enabled, turn it off immediately.
2 Near by Device: If you have enabled the ‘Nearby device’ setting, turn it off immediately because it allows anyone to connect with your smartphone and it can also be hacked.
3 Lock Screen Notification: If you want to prevent anyone from reading your messages or emails, keep the notifications hidden on the lock screen. This way, if you receive any message or email notification, the content won’t be visible on the lock screen.
4 Data Saving: Enabling the data-saving feature helps conserve the mobile phone’s battery because it prevents apps from using the internet in the background. You can turn it on when needed.
5 Personalized Ads: You need to go into your Google account settings to disable this feature because it is through this feature that Google shows you personalized content based on your preferences. This option can be found under the “Data and privacy” section within your Google account.
To hide notifications, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings on your device.
- Look for the “Notifications” or “Notification Center” option.
- Tap on it to open the notification settings.
- Scroll through the list of apps and find the app for which you want to hide notifications.
- Tap on the app to access its notification settings.
- Look for the option that allows you to hide notifications or show them silently.
- Enable the option to hide notifications or set them to “Silent” mode.
- Repeat these steps for other apps if you want to hide their notifications as well.
By following these steps, you can keep your notifications hidden on the lock screen and prevent others from viewing your message or email content.